Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Fainting Goat!

      
     Biotonic Goats is the real name of the Fainting Goat. These goats don't have just one name they are also referred as the Stiff Leg Goat, Nervous Goat and the Wooden Leg Goat. These goats never lose consciousness when "fainting," but because of an genetic disorder the leg muscles of these animals freeze and that makes them fall over. This disorder is called myotonia congenita. Usually these goats are kept for smaller farms or as pets. The Fainting goat  is so famous that it even has its own Fainting Goat Festival!

Although this isn't a current events I thought it was a really cool topic that people should know about. I first heard about these goats this summer, when my Uncle showed me this really cool video of them. I was fascinated!
Here is the link to a video about Fainting Goats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg

No comments:

Post a Comment