Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Research: Drug J147: On the Road to Cure Alzheimer's


      On the Road to Cure Alzheimer's 
By: Blaise S. 

Take a Tour of one of our most valuable organs: Our Brain 

Illustration of Human Brain and Head
          5.4 million Americans  are suffering from Alzheimer’s  disease currently, the Alzheimer’s Association say that by 2050 more than 16 million men and women will drastic forgetful symptoms of Alzheimers. This is a conquring deseaise that deteriates the brain’s memory and causes older men and women to become very forgetful and confused in day-to-day situations. There has been a long fight for the cure of Alzheimer’s, however, scientists now might have invented drug that might prevent memory loss. J147 is a drug that has been tested on mice to see if their memory has improved. The Salk Institute for Biological Studies have researched this drug further and commented, "J147 enhances memory in both normal and Alzheimer's mice and also protects the brain from the loss of synaptic connections," says the leader of the institution of Cellular Neurobiology Laboratory, David Schubert, whose team developed the new drug."No drugs on the market for Alzheimer's have both of these properties." The Alzheimer’s Association says, “More than 1 trillion dollars is spent in the US because of the Alzheimer’s disease.” Even if this small development might not make it to the market, this is sure evidence that we are heading in the right direction for the cure of Atzheimer’s.

Sites Used: 
Alzheimer's Association. "Alzheimer's Association - Memory Loss & 10 Signs of Alzheimer’s." Alzheimer's Association. Alzheimer's Association, 2011. Web. 15 Dec. 2011. .
DailyScience. "Alzheimer's Drug Candidate May Be First to Prevent Disease Progression, Mouse Study Suggests." Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology. Science Daily, 14 Dec. 2011. Web. 15 Dec. 2011. .

                

1 comment:

  1. This is a great write up, I was also a victim, having Alzheimer's disease for many years. My journey and diagnosis with Alzheimer's disease began when I was 58 years old. My medical condition was heart broken. The first thing I did was get myself informed. I was subjected to different medications including Donepezil, galantamine, by my doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a positive improvement. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better. Also I keep thinking there has to be another alternative to address this, using herbal remedy, this information reinforced my original gut feelings that I should not give up. I decided to look for another option to help my condition. I’ve made many lifelong friends when I was looking for a natural cure for my ailment. To say it gets better is an understatement. I find hope in the darkest of days when I saw a testimony of people talking about Dr. Charanjit's herbal product. I started having series of thoughts, thereafter I ordered his product and started using it, to give the Alzheimer's disease an aggressive approach, the symptoms progressively got better.
    I promised myself that I would stay strong. You sit living in fear of the reality what you may face, never really knowing what will happen until it does. I am indebted and decided to always share my experience. I got to know him through: https://curetoalzheimer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete